DMV

To: vafred@erols.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: DMV
From: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 08:23:15 -0500
I listen to you guys on the west coast talk about the DMV ordeals and it
reminds me of Virginia a few years back, we are now 100% on line for
everything....neat system and no rude clerks, yea I know only Virginia has
rude DMV clerks nowhere else in the US except Va. "FT"
**********************************
That's because they all moved to Canada. They were well trained in the
attitude department, but before they were allowed to start work they had to
be trained to slow down - waaay down. They learn well, and seem to take
some kind of perverse pleasure in how being extreeemely slow has the effect
of making them appear even ruder.
In a small town where I used to live they worked 16 hours a week and
complained about the work load. Once, when I told one off in a loud voice,
the people in the lineup behind me applauded, so she came outside to
personally examine the car that I was buying, and for which I was holding a
safety certificate - and took long enough that the office closed. "Sorry,
you'll have to come back tomorrow!" - by which time my safety check
expired. I learned my lesson - smile and say what a lovely day it is, and
tell her she's beautiful....
Jim