Re: Upholstery

To: "Seth" <batman719@home.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Upholstery
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 22:51:18 -0600
From: Seth <batman719@home.com>

>Hello all. Just got my first Triumph (72 Spitfire MK IV) and would like to
>work on the body before I try and tackle the engine, so I just have two
>questions.
>    How much would it cost to have the seats reupholstered by someone who
>knows what they're doing? Second, would it be considered a no-no to just
drop
>some Mazda Miata seats in it instead?

Considered a "no-no" by whom?  It is your car, not theirs.

>I've run across some people who told me
>that if everything isn't original, it's not a real Triumph.

Forget them if they can't take a joke!  My Triumph is pretty much all
original.  Some things are destined to get more original.  But I'd never
tell you not to put in seats that fit your car and your plans for your car.

Unless you either planning on running Stock category in an autocross, or
plan on getting serious about concours d'elegance, non-original seats are
not prohibited.