Re: dumb really dumb

To: <vafred@erols.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: dumb really dumb
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 17:45:36 EST
Cc: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
In a message dated Fri, 1 Feb 2002  5:27:37 PM Eastern Standard Time, "Fred
Thomas" <vafred@erols.com> writes:

> ...installing the parking lights in the grill, first insert the clear lense,
>with
> a dental pick lift the rubber gasket around it then repeat the process again
> for the chrome ring that holds them together, this is "WRONG", 1st you install
> the @#$%$ bulb....

My first experience with these lamps and lenses goes back to about 1959. I was
not quite 6 and dad had just gotten a new Triumph 10 sedan the previous fall. I
have some vague memories of a little boy and his littler sister both being
fascinated by the glass lenses and the chromed rings that helped hold them in
place...and how easily both could be removed without any particular tools...and
how DIFFICULT it was to get them back in place without some sort of tool, and
before dad (or mom) found out....

--Andy