Re: Shipwright's Brakes

To: levilevi <levilevi@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: Shipwright's Brakes
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 05:54:21 -0600
Cc: tony@tonydrews.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
levilevi wrote:

> Can I have all the old parts?

No, you can't have them. I'm going to put them in a pile and sell them on eBay.

>  Seriously,  I hope it finally works for
> you...but if not how bout the PDWA?  Is it centered?  Have the o-rings in it
> been replaced.  I'm not sure why it would cause your brakes to lock up (I
> suppose it could if it was causing a pressure imbalance in your hydraulic
> system) but it was the only thing I didn't see on your list.  Good luck.

thanks for the idea -- it is centered and the piston does move freely and brake
juice doesn't leak out the switch hole when the switch is removed, so I think it
is okay, but who knows? If the brakes lock up again, I'll replace that darned
thing and also the steel tubes between the master cylinder and the front brakes
-- those are the only original parts left.

You know, when I composed and sent that TR6 brake message, I honestly had not
read the message asking whether or not LBC's were hard to maintain. What a
coincidence. I love my dumb old 71 TR6. I love a car where you can actually hear
that wonderful exhaust note. Speaking of which, it really changes tone as the
brakes are locking up..............

--

uncle jack - red, white, and New Blue