brake bleeding

To: "'wphilipson@bigfoot.com'" <wphilipson@bigfoot.com>
Subject: brake bleeding
From: Paul Mitchell <pmitchell@grintek.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 10:56:27 +0200
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I had a very similar problem when bleeding the brakes on my 74 TR6, and felt
very stupid when I realised the solution. There are two pipes coming from
the brake m/c - one to the front and one to the back brakes. What is not
immediately apparent is that there are also two separate reservoirs in the
m/c, separated by a vertical plastic wall. The wall is right at the edge of
the opening in the top of the m/c. If this is your problem, then all you
have to do may be to carefully pour fluid the narrow side of the wall, and
you're off.

With my car it was the back brakes that were blowing air until I figured it
out, but that may be a RHD/LHD thing.

Good luck

Paul

the system manager.