brake bleeding

To: "Listers" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: brake bleeding
From: "Peter Arakelian" <PeterAra@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 12:32:33 -0800 FILETIME=[C38FC170:01C1C484]
<Anyway, I was able to successfully
> bleed the rear brakes with a mityvac hand pump. I can't get
> anything out of
> the front brakes, just air. The MC is full of fluid. Any suggestions? TIA.>

Funny thing, I just replaced my front brake hoses (they needed it - swelling
inside) with stainless steel braided hose.  I, too, tried the Mityvac on the
front, but had the same problem - just air.  Used a vizi-bleed (the one person
bleed tool with the check valve in the end) and worked fine.  By the way big
difference in the way the front brakes feel - much firmer and sure.  Not sure
if it's all because of the stainless or just new hoses making the difference.

Peter Arakelian - '71 TR6, Daily Driver