COLD!

To: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Subject: COLD!
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 15:38:08 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by Scott Tilton
>Yowza it was cold this morning!
Made me wish for heated seats in the TR6.

Wouldn't that be nifty!
Not just on the brutally cold mornings, but on the fall foliage tours.

Wonder how much current they draw?
You suppose Dan Master's re-wiring plan includes that option?
<

Scott,

Odd Hedberg, from Sweden, did this very thing to his TR8.  He got seat
heaters from a Volvo (go figure) and wired them up to the rear window
defroster circuit (which is not used in the drop top model).  For a TR6 you
will have to run new wiring to support the current and if you plan on using
them for extended periods of time you may consider an alternator upgrade
(although I doubt the stock alternator will have no trouble keeping up with
them if the lights are not on).

But what I'd really like are some seat coolers (for the summer).

Dave