Re: COLD!

To: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: COLD!
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 13:08:49 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by Scott Tilton
>I thought electric heat producing devices were big amperage hogs.
What's the rear window defroster fuse rated at?
<

I dunno.  Never looked.  ISTR that there was a car with a two level rear
window defogger but I forget what car that was.  It was the early 80's when
I heard about it and there's been too much water under the bridge.

Try this:  take your heating pad out to the car, set it on low, plug it in
and sit on it for a few minutes.  Now read the watts on the label.  Take
that number and divide it by 12 (or 14) and that's how many amps it will
take to heat your seat to that level.

Don't have a heatign pad?  Borrow Fred's.  (Kids!)

Dave