Re: Fixing tank pin holes

To: " Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fixing tank pin holes
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 02 14:02:55 -0800
I removed my tank, took it to a radiator shop to have them boil it out
then had all the pin holes welded shut and patches welded over larger
than pinhole areas with deep rust.

Doesn't leak anymore.

Petrol is a real good solvent.  I've never had much luck with goops and
long term petrol exposure.  But a welded shut hole seems to stay shut.

TeriAnn Wakeman               If you send me direct mail, please
Santa Cruz, California        start the subject line with TW -
twakeman@cruzers.com           I will be sure to read the message

http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman

"How can life grant us the boon of living..unless we dare"
Amelia Earhart 1898-1937