RE: Superwealth may be SUPER VIRUS

To: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@comcast.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Bradley D Richardson" <bradrichardson@juno.com>
Subject: RE: Superwealth may be SUPER VIRUS
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 09:30:53 -0800
Scott :

First, it's impossible to get a virus through the Team.Net lists, because
they block all attachments, HTML, VB, etc.  They send only plain text which
cannot contain a virus (well, except the 'Polish' virus <g>).

Second, there are some very smart viruses running around, and it's easy to
fake the sender's address on email.  There's a good chance that the virus
you received didn't even come from Bradley's machine.  Smart viruses also
change the subject line (and message contents), so it's likely the next copy
won't even say "Superwealth" on it.

And of course if you weren't using Outlook Express, you'd be a much smaller
target for this sort of thing...

Randall