Hand Cranking your TR

To: "Triumphs@Autox.team.net daily digest" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hand Cranking your TR
From: "Jeffrey J. Barteet" <barteet@barteet.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 15:59:06 -0800 (PST)
So an observant person here at work just asked me if the hole in my TR4's
grill was for a crank handle.  The first person to have ever asked that.

He grew up with tractors around and had to hand-crank a few.

Started me to thinking.  I've never seen anyone hand-crank a TR.

Last time I saw somebody hand-crank a car was at a British car meet, and
this guy cranked this simply gigantic 30s vintage Rolls Royce.

I had a Volvo marine diesel in a sailboat I used to have that I could hand
crank, but it had decompression levers to help you get started.

SO....

Who on the list can start their TR by hand?

I never had a handle for mine, though my car does have the hole in the
radiator.

-jeffrey