HP/Compaq merger No LBC Content

To: "Triumph Internet Mail List." <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Spitfire Internet Mail List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: HP/Compaq merger No LBC Content
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 12:34:02 -0700
I just learned that the proposed merger of Compaq and HP has been approved by
the share holders.

This is sort of poetic justice.  I'll explain:

Compaq was started by Texas Instruments engineers after their proposal to build
an IBM PC compatible computer was turned down by their management in
TI's Digital Systems Division.  TI has always maintained an attitude that: "If
it ain't designed here, it ain't no good!".

These guys proved the idea was sound and the company prospered.  Meanwhile TI's
computer division was sold to HP in the late 80's because the
corporate management was tired of throwing money down a dry hole.

So now what remains of TI's computer division is firmly in the hands of the
company that was founded upon an idea that they cast out because it was
foreign to their philosophy.

Isn't it wonderful how sometimes things come full circle!!  :)

Cheers,
Joe