Re: HP/Compaq merger No LBC Content

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>, Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: HP/Compaq merger No LBC Content
From: Todd Richmond <twr@fc.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 11:26:01 -0700
Joe Curry wrote:

> No I didn't miss the point.  What I am trying to say is that if she is now
>the CEO of HP, it appears that since she was the CEO of Compaq, the Compaq
> part of the equation seems to have dominated.  I can see why they would want
>to keep the HP name rather than compaq, since it is older and more
> respected.

Joe,

There is still a disconnect here.  Carly Fiorina never was the CEO of Compaq.
She was an executive at Lucent before being hired by HP to replace Lew Platt
3 years ago.  Many HP employees have not liked the changes she has made here,
and have voted against the merger hoping she would have to leave if it didn't
go through.

Mike Capellas (sp?) is the current CEO of Compaq, and if the merger goes
through he is slated to become 2nd in command in the new combined company.

Cheers,

Todd