Re: HP/Compaq merger No LBC Content

To: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Subject: Re: HP/Compaq merger No LBC Content
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 10:25:33 -0700
Cc: "Triumph Internet Mail List." <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Randall Young wrote:

> Joe, you missed my point.  Carly Fiorina (it's an 'a', at least according to
> HP's website) is CEO of HP now, and will continue to be CEO of the combined
> company after HP absorbs Compaq.
>
> Randall
>
> > I knew it was one or the other family embroiled in that heated
> > debate.  But my point is that if Compaq is being absorbed into
> > HP, Fiorini (I believe
> > her name ends with an i) would not be the CEO who emerges as head
> > of the new operation.  Sounds to me like it is the other way
> > around.

No I didn't miss the point.  What I am trying to say is that if she is now the
CEO of HP, it appears that since she was the CEO of Compaq, the Compaq
part of the equation seems to have dominated.  I can see why they would want to
keep the HP name rather than compaq, since it is older and more
respected.

Now, does this mean that Ralf Schumacher and Juan Montoya will have HP on their
driver suits????

Joe