RE: This is scary . . . . [Non-LBC. Humor (I think?)]

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: This is scary . . . . [Non-LBC. Humor (I think?)]
From: "Larry Stein" <larry@ehc.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 14:09:03 -0700
the audio clip was very funny.  sadly, here is my first hand experience
just last week with a local shop.  my van started vibrating alot so i
dropped it off to have it checked and repaired.  they called 2 hours
later and they said i needed 1. both u-joints, 2. the front yoke for the
front u-joint, 3. new motor mounts, 4. tie rod ends, 5. two tires.
total cost $1300.  i went to the local discount auto parts store bought
the two u-joints for $20 and had mieneke install them for $80.  runs
smooth as glass.  i could tell you the same about my jeep and water pump
with another shop ($600 vs. $60).  it is unfortunate in that the audio
clip is a joke but there is so much reality.  rats. larry@ehc.org