RE: TR6 - gas pedal rod

To: "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Jon" <blueturtles@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: TR6 - gas pedal rod
From: "Patrick Bitton" <pbitton@axess.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 16:56:47 -0500
Jon,

I never tried this but it is worth a shot.

This is what you will need.

1 long screw
2 big washers(little bigger than the bushing)
1 large size socket (20mm or enought that the bushing falls into it.)
1 nut for the screw.

Put the washer then the bushing through the screw. Pass the screw,washer and
bushing into the firewall. On the other end of the the firewall, place the
socket then washer through the screw. Now tighten the nut until the bushing
pops into place. You may want to add a little lubricant to the bushing.

I used that trick on my trailing arm bushings and it worked fine.

Good luck,

Patrick