Re: TR6 - gas pedal rod

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 - gas pedal rod
From: Jon & Susan <jsmessier@mail.earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 16:38:46 -0500
Hello to all you kind folks out there in Triumph World!!

I am the one who asked the question on how to get those pesky little
bushings into the firewall for the accelerator rod...well I have succeed
because of all you!!

I tried the method of shaving a little off on the side that is already
angled and then I used the oversized socket / bolt method. It worked!! YEAH
- I was jumping up and down with pure excitement when I got that dreaded
thing in the hole!!

But then reality set in when I started trying to get the accelerator rod
into the bushings! URGH!!! That was another pain in the @@@!! But my trick
to that one was a little soap and a lot of muscle!

I just want to publicly thank all of the people who wrote and offered
suggestions. I know people say it all the time, but this list is GREAT!!
Especially, since this topic was recently discussed and everyone was
willing to send me old email and lots of encouragement!! All of you are GREAT!

Cheers and happy motoring this coming season!

Jon & Susan