RE: TR6 - gas pedal rod

Subject: RE: TR6 - gas pedal rod
From: "Williams, Bill (Atlanta)" <Bill.Williams@COMPAQ.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 16:10:37 -0600 cpqcorp.net>
Jon,

What a miserable job, and frankly I gave up.

Here is what I did.  I went to Home Depot and bought two nylon bushings.
I don't remember the measurements, but the "gas pedal rod" fit into the
bushing and the outer diameter of the bushing fit into the hole in the
firewall.

In order to keep the bushings from sliding out of the firewall hole, I
installed a small screw-on hose clamp, on each side of the bushing, on
the accelerator rod.

The total cost was a couple of dollars, it's easy to do and it works
very well.

Good luck.

Bill
Atlanta
74 TR6

I need some help listers! How do you get the hard
plastic bushings into the firewall that holds that gas
pedal rod (this is the piece that attaches to the carb
linkage) in place?

I have tried using soap and putting the bushings into
hot water...didn't help much. Should I boil the heck
out of the bushings? 10-15 minutes - is that too long?

These bushings are sooooo hard (I just can't get them
into the firewall)...please help me!

Thanks,
        Jon