RE: TR6 - gas pedal rod

To: "Patrick Bitton" <pbitton@axess.com>, "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Jon" <blueturtles@yahoo.com> FILETIME=[AE2D98D0:01C1D1EE] teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g2MMClL23853
Subject: RE: TR6 - gas pedal rod
From: "Williams, Bill (Atlanta)" <Bill.Williams@COMPAQ.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 16:12:39 -0600 cpqcorp.net>
Patrick,

I also did that on the trailing arm bushings and it worked great.

However, on the accelerator bushings, the nylon lip is so thin that it
just deforms and won't pop through.

Ask me how I know. <G>

I also did the routine of the boiling hot water...never could get it hot
enough to make a difference.

Bill
Atlanta
74 TR6

Jon,

I never tried this but it is worth a shot.

This is what you will need.

1 long screw
2 big washers(little bigger than the bushing)
1 large size socket (20mm or enought that the bushing falls into it.)
1 nut for the screw.

Put the washer then the bushing through the screw. Pass the screw,washer
and
bushing into the firewall. On the other end of the the firewall, place
the
socket then washer through the screw. Now tighten the nut until the
bushing
pops into place. You may want to add a little lubricant to the bushing.

I used that trick on my trailing arm bushings and it worked fine.

Good luck,

Patrick