TR4 wiper motor questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 wiper motor questions
From: PeterSchop@aol.com
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 18:39:37 EST
I rebuilt the windshield wiper motor gear box on my TR4 yesterday. I had to
use parts from two bad motors to make one good one. I now have to fill the
gear box on the wiper motor. According to the shop manual, 25 to 35 CC's of
Ragosine Listate grease is to be used. Since I don't have any Ragosine
Listate grease on hand what should I use as a substitute?

Also, since I have the body cleaned up that holds the armature, I though that
I would paint it. Should this be a flat black? I have cleaned the rust off
the bracket the motor mounts on. Should this also be painted black or the
color of the car body?

Thanks in advance,
Peter Schoppelry
'63 TR4