RE: Door Pop - was Window seal installation questions

To: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>, "Tom Di Iulio" <diiulio@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: RE: Door Pop - was Window seal installation questions
From: <stantr6@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 10:45:58 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Randall,
Thanks for the reply.
Don't think it will work; it takes a lot of force to get the strap to snap over
the fitting in the a-post.  I tried it "by hand", by puting a 4" long bolt
through the end of the strap to form a "T" handle and pulling/pushing it in and
out.  I couldn't push it in.

What I have done is order two new straps from TRF.  I broke one of the wavey
pieces on the strap by trying to bend out some of the tension.  Those pieces
ahe hard but brittle.  I then experimented with the remaining piece; was able
to bend it while it was red hot.

Next experiment will be to have the hole on the strap welded in and then
re-drill it a true 1/4".

I'll let you know how it comes out.
Stan