Re: First car

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: First car
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 09:42:13 -0500

Phil Ethier writes:

>Even more collectable:  The relatively few that were sold in the USA badged
>as Hudson instead of Nash.

And there IS (well, actually there almost WAS) a Triumph connection. Supposedly
Standard's Sir John Black approached George Mason of Nash-Kelvinator about
using Mayflower mechanicals in the Metropolitan. Later on, Sir John changed his
mind, and the Metropolitan ended up with Austin power and other bits. So in
addition to Nash and Hudson versions, there might have been a Standard or
Triumph Metropolitan.

Of course, ultimately there were 35,000 Mayflowers and about 100,000
Metropolitans....

-Andy Mace