Re: Spats

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spats
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 11:39:57 -0700
ZoboHerald@aol.com wrote:

> The skirts fit within the wheel arch and thus were flush with the fender and
> had color-coordinated PVC moulding between the skirt and the fender.

Certainly an unusual period accessory that I would love too see just once on
someone else's TR.  As much as my rear fenders have been abused & beaten in
prior
restorations I doubt that their present curve would match the shape of original
spats.  Would wonder the same thing about later TR3s and the affect tooling wear
and tooling changes would have on the shape of the wheel well.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
64 TR4
Mt Lemmon, AZ