Re: Spats

To: pethier@isd.net, Shrack04@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spats
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 22:51:38 EST
In a message dated 1/19/2003 10:23:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
pethier@isd.net writes:

> Many British cars also had "fender skirts" as the Yanks called them.

Very true. I briefly owned a Sunbeam-Talbot 90 Mk IIA(?) convertible that had
"spats" -- held on with Dzus fasteners, unlike the fitment shown in the
TR2/3/3A Spare Parts Catalogue. But those on the Sunbeam-Talbot were more
like what I seem to remember being called "full fender skirts" in that they
not only "filled" or fit within the wheel well opening but covered that and
more of the fender, er, wing.

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,
 Triumph Herald engine with wings.