RE: soft top webbing

To: "KTnKT" <ktnkt@cape.com>, "TR" <triumphs@autox.team.net> FILETIME=[22018840:01C2C152] 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h0LDgK70009764
Subject: RE: soft top webbing
From: "Williams, Bill (Atlanta)" <Bill.Williams@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 07:36:41 -0600
Kevin,

Mine were dry rotted, so I cut them out.

If you take your time putting the top up and down, you won't have any
problem not having the webbing in place.  The tight tension of my top
keeps the center bow in place, plus I have the snap pocket there as
well.

When I eventually replace my top, I'll probably replace the webbing.
TRF sells the kit.

Bill
74 TR6
Atlanta

   Yes, but..........the new tops (and maybe even the originals?) have a
pocket with snaps that run side to side in which to hold the sticks in a
fixed spot under the hood. This would also restrict the area available
for the webbing-leaving a little space on either side between the end of
the pocket and outer edges of the top. Does anyone have a top on their
TR6 without the frame webbing, and does it affect the performance of the
top?? IE: does the top flap around at high speeds (relatively speaking,
of course)??
   Thanks,
Kevin
Falmouth, Ma.