RE: Fire Extinguishers

Subject: RE: Fire Extinguishers
From: Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 09:04:37 -0800
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> I suspect that there is plenty around.  When you consider that there is no
> consumption except in the event of a fire, most Halon extinguisher systems
> will outlive the air craft and the Halon will be recovered when the craft
> is scrapped.

As Ray pointed out (and I was unaware of), there is a specific exemption
allowing Halon destined for aircraft usage to be manufactured.  So the
problem I was referring to has already been dealt with.

And, as I read the EPA statement, there are no restrictions on what use is
made of recovered aircraft Halon...

Randall