RE: What do the professionals do?

To: ryoung@navcomtech.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: What do the professionals do?
From: "David Gunn" <ccgunn1010@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 09:36:04 -0800 FILETIME=[90F5D030:01C2C62A]
I guess I've got a similar problem with my TR2.  My previous electrical
problem turned into a need to replace the wiring harness, which turned into
a need to replace the upholstery and seats (which needed to be done anyway),
which turned into a need to paint, which turned into a need to remove the
rear wings (anything sound familiar?).  I've been soaking the screws/bolts
on the rear wings with PB Blaster for about 2 weeks, and have made very
little progress.  I'm about ready to take a grinder to the heads, but I'm
concerned about gettng the shafts of the screws/bolts out of the nuts.  Is
it typical to then grind the bracket which holds the nuts, and start over
with all new nuts and bolts?  Is there any easier way?  Does one simply
grind off the brackets, and forget about them?  Had the same problem with
the seat rails, ground off the heads, released the rails, and am now having
a real problem trying to get the shafts out with a vice grip.

Thanks for your help.

David Gunn
TR2 TS3388L

PS  BTW don't recall if I thanked everyone for your responses to my
electrical problem - but - THANKS!  The end result was that, after looking
at the wiring at the control box, it had been burned, and was melting the
covering - thus - the need for the harness relacement.  DEG