Re: What do the professionals do?

To: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Subject: Re: What do the professionals do?
From: "Bob Westerdale" <Bob.Westerdale@ametek.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 13:53:15 -0500 |March 22, 2002) at 01/27/2003 01:53:19 PM, Serialize complete at 01/27/2003 01:53:19 PM FILETIME=[3DE947E0:01C2C635]
Cc: owner-triumphs@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
You might try looking for a product made by a company named VHT,   called
'Rust Release'.    I've heard it is quite effective, but for reasons
unknown has not shown up in the US.   The gent who recommended it to me
thinks it was either from the UK or Australia.
Good Luck,
Bob Westerdale
59 3A  TS 36967

>> I would like to know what to do next time.
>
>IMO, WD40 is a very poor penetrating oil (it's better for other things).
My
>personal favorite penetrating oil is PB Blaster, with Kroil a close
second.
>I've heard that SiliKroil is better yet, but haven't tried it.  And, I've
no
>idea if any of these are available in the UK ...
>http://www.kanolabs.com/

Nor have I - I've certainly never come across them over here.   I agree
with you that WD40 is a poor penetrating oil, but it was either than or
a bottle of 3-in-1 that has been sitting in my Mum's garage for the past
20 years.