TR2 paint/electrical/interior/hardtop/fender bead

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR2 paint/electrical/interior/hardtop/fender bead
From: "David Gunn" <ccgunn1010@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 11:08:11 -0800 FILETIME=[6F9DAAE0:01C2C637]
Hi List - As you can probably figure out from my prior message, my "2" is in
pieces on the garage floor.  When I disconnected the old wiring harness, I
made detailed notes as to the wiring connections, color of wire etc.  After
I had pulled all of the wiring, I took a look at the bulkhead, and realized
that I had no idea what went through all of the different holes!  Silly me -
forgot to keep track of which wire went through which hole!

Does anyone have an original (or close to original) TR2 longdoor in Northern
California that I can visit and take pictures?

I also need to figure out how the interior goes back in - my old interior
was in such poor shape, it wouldn't have mattered if I had taken pictures.

Also, in repaintng, I would like to paint as close to original as possible,
so I need some info on the various colors needed, ie bumper brackets, stop
light bracket, hood sticks (black, tan, or body color?), hood stick
brackets.

I do have a hard top.  I assume it is after market, as it is not fiberglass,
but steel, and not available as an option when my "2" was born.  I
understand that it should be either black or body color.  I'm leaning
towards black, as that is the original color of the hood and side curtains,
and to paint it signal red would be  alot of red for one small car.  Any
thoughts?  Any pictures either way?  In case you're curious, the original
interior was brown, and I am replacing it with the darker tan - a very close
match, assuming the dash color under the switches is original.

I understand that the fender bead between the wings and body are to be
painted body color.  Lou sent me a sample of plastic bead, and it looks good
(although there was no original bead on my car, so I have no idea what the
original would look like).  In reading one of my books (I believe it was the
new one re TR2/3 restoration), it mentioned that the original bead was
cloth.  Was this just for the earliest TR2's (mine is a '54 longdoor -
TS3388L)?  Is the cloth material available somewhere?

Thanks for your help.

David Gunn, Chico, CA