Re: Bonehead auto repair mishap

To: triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bonehead auto repair mishap
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 20:16:17 -0400
Hi, Bob!  Haven't seen you name in a long time.
On 17 Apr 2003 at 22:33, Bob Bownes wrote:

> Or cruise missile ECM software...
> Or nuclear power plant monitoring software...
>
> Mark Hooper wrote:
> > Clearly you never made a mistake writing a frigate fire control program...

I never said hardware being controlled couldn't bite! :-o  Just that
the software itself couldn't.  On the other hand, my employer's
building has spiffy synthetic carpet wants to be a Van de Graf
generator and my desk likes to pretend it is an ignition coil.  Even
my laptop gets into the act occasionally.  Thank God for UL and CE
requirements or we'd have dead silicon everywhere!

Obligatory LBC content:  Took the Spitfire to work top-down the other
day.  Sure was nice.  Last night the temp went down to about 20F.--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@pop.rcn.com
'80 Spitfire, '70 GT6+