Re: Bonehead auto repair mishap

To: ALLEN BRENDEN <allen.brenden@verizon.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bonehead auto repair mishap
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 18:53:13 -0400
Just remembering something not quite a bonehead mistake, but hilarious...

Many years back, when I had first started tinkering with my Willys Jeep, and
was not yet aware of how to do my own work, I took it to a local mechanic to
repair some wiring issue- it still had the original wiring. Well, this
gentleman was working on it in a shop, with the top and doors on, and quite
heavily involved at one point- head and shoulders just about all the way
behind the dash... Being so positioned, he was an obvious target- one of his
coworkers opened the door quietly, and blew cigarette smoke up under the
dash... Not thinking about the difference in scent, our intrepid wrench
turner proceeded to imagine he had just created a master short- and set
about extricating himself before he, too, was ablaze. Quite funny to watch,
as he just about removed several bits of flesh while launching clear of the
inferno- only to discover the only thing burning were his ears as the other
mechanics turned red with laughter...

Scott