Re: Bonehead auto repair mishap

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bonehead auto repair mishap
From: "ALLEN BRENDEN" <allen.brenden@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 05:42:23 -0700 from [4.40.144.56] at Fri, 18 Apr 2003 07:43:52 -0500
I did the watch trick a few years ago checking the oil on my TR7. It's a '76
and has the short dipstick hiding down below the carbs and manifold. Somehow
I shorted out the positive terminal to the battery hold down bracket. In
about 2 seconds the watch band (metal) was glowing and the latch was welded
shut. I had to break the band to get it off. Nice second degree burn where
the watch was. Now I'm a lot more careful where I put my arm when checking
the oil.

Allen Brenden
Everett, WA USA

Outgoing mail scanned with Norton AntiVirus