Re: Bonehead auto repair mishap

To: ALLEN BRENDEN <allen.brenden@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Bonehead auto repair mishap
From: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 07:59:18 -0700
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
In my first attempt at college I enrolled in electrical technology
because someone told me it was a good way to make a living.  Three weeks
into the class the instructor called me into the his office.  He  asked
me to withdraw from the class before I killed myself.  He had observed
me disconecting resistor bridges several times without disconecting the
power source.

Years later I was rewiring the ignition switch on my Harley when I arced
it out against the gas tank.  Fortunately nothing happened.

Today I am finally careful about disconnecting the battery before
working on the electronics of anything.

        Regards,
        Tom