TR3 Windshield header replacement

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Windshield header replacement
From: "McEwen, Art" <Art.McEwen@moh.gov.on.ca>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 11:14:32 -0400
The rubber seal at the top of my windshield is flat as a pancake, so I
ordered a new one (moss # 680-480), it attaches into the top of the
windshield via an inverted rubber "T" which fits into a channel at the top
of screen frame, but the question is how do I install it?

A:  Jam the rubber T in the channel with a screw driver and hope I don't
poke holes in it?

B:  Take off the windshield and open the metal/glass sandwich and hope I can
get at both halves of the top channel (I've seen no detailed picture of the
windshield disassembled so I'm not sure this will work)

Option B leads me to the problem: I can't budge the Dzus fasteners at the
windshield base no matter how much WD40 and how big a screwdriver I use.
Any ideas there?

Art McEwen
Kingston, Canada