RE: Build Year or Sale/Title Year?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Build Year or Sale/Title Year?
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 21:45:18 -0800
> I'm
> curious to know if most folks refer to their cars by the build
> year or the
> sale/title year, especially after confirming the build date.
>
> Not a big deal, but I'd like to be in step with popular convention.

I think most people use the build date after getting it confirmed.  However,
I just have to be different (big surprise there !) and I've been calling my
car a 59 (since it's registered that way) for so long that I'm reluctant to
change now.

Randall
Randall
59 TR3A TS39781LO (probably made in Oct 58)
71 Stag LE1473L (probably very late 70 but meets 71 smog standards)
63 Sports 6 HB7826LCV (made in 63, registered as a 65 !)