Re: Build Year or Sale/Title Year?

Subject: Re: Build Year or Sale/Title Year?
From: "Andrew H. Litkowiak" <andylit@covad.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 09:18:17 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Something else to keep in mind.

In the 50's and 60's, some states issued titles based on the date of sale, NOT
the date of manufacture. Remember that until it is sold, a "new" vehicle has a
manufacture's certificate, but not a state title.

This comes to light occasionally with vehicles that may have sat on a dealer
lot
for more than a year. I have several friends who own Land Cruisers sold in the
60's who have encountered this phenomenon.

It seems that popularity of the vehicle was a regional thing, and some dealers
were stuck with trucks on their lots for 2 and sometimes 3 years before they
sold.

Your results may vary.

Andy Litkowiak