Re: Extreme Conditions

To: Scott Tilton <stilton@protoprod.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Extreme Conditions
From: "Michael D. Porter" <portermd@zianet.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 08:19:44 -0700
Scott Tilton wrote:

> "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com <mailto:ryoung@navcomtech.com> >
> wrote:
>
> I never have overheating problems even in extreme conditions (like over an
> hour at 100+ mph in 100F temps on the way home from VTR 2001).
>

> Whoa! I thought I was doing good through Kansas on the trip home from the
> Colorado convention.
>
> Is there any story to tell there?  I love to hear stories.
> Come on folks .. let's hear some testimonies of High Speed and / or Long
> Duration trips in Triumphs.

Extreme conditions? How about ~ 100 deg. F, 90% humidity on the way back from
the 1997 VTR in Ft. Worth in a GT6 with a
leaking trans tunnel cover and headers? I drank, count `em, eleven 64-oz.
drinks on the way back to New Mexico and
didn't have to pee once... sweated it all out. I figure the average interior
temperature, with the windows down, was
about 135 deg. F., for about ten hours.

The engine never overheated, but that was because I was the heat sink....
*smile*

Still, I wasn't as hot then as I was just before the event, when I got thrown
onto the hood of a Chaves County sheriff's
cruiser which had been idling in the July sun all day, for a prolonged frisk...
that little event caused real burns....

Cheers.

--
Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance.