Re: starter motors

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: starter motors
From: "Kurtis" <kurtisj@cox-internet.com>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 21:24:34 -0500
Lou,

I wrestled with my decision...  mainly due to the fact that I feared the new
starter would look out of place.  But after getting it installed, it really
isn't that noticeable at all.  As someone else here stated (Randall?), it
does sound a lot different starting the car up (for one thing, in my case,
the car actually starts now! <g>)

The price difference is really not that great.  The best price I could find
for a rebuilt TR4 starter was $110.  The gear reduction starter cost me
$178, plus I could probably sell my old starter on eBay and make up a little
of the difference.  Time will tell regarding it longevity...  I admit, that
if my TR4 starter was original, it did quite well to last 40 years.

Kurtis J.
Russellville, Arkansas
1963 TR4
CT19389L