RE: TR3A Week 2

To: "Triumph TR2" <triumphtr2@direcway.com>, <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3A Week 2
From: "Joe Lynn" <jlynn604@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 08:26:30 -0400
Hi Cameron,

>What is  the engine # range/crossover for the two starter types?

My Piggott book just gives the chassis number (TS50000). According the Bill
Piggott, the engine numbers are generally slightly higher than the chassis
number. So it seems that the engine number for the crossover should be at
least TS50000E.

> Now that I've determined the slight swelling on the block under the coil
> should have an engine #, how do I remove the crud  to read the # without
> obliterating it? Just engine cleaner, or do I need to do something else to
> highlight the #'s?

When I was having trouble reading my engine number, I used chalk to fill in
& highlight the digits.

Joe Lynn
59 TR3A