Re: TR3A Week 2

To: triumphtr2@direcway.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3A Week 2
From: "george hahn" <ahwahnee18@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 16:49:52 -0700 FILETIME=[531CDB70:01C43620]
>Thanks George - Comm # is TS 54487, so would seem to need the newer one
>BUT,
>the starter that came off is the old type...

Sorry about my previous post -- I missed the point that oyu were inquiring
about the gear reduction starter.

I think the bolts on the flywheel can be seen if you remove a plate under
the engine that covers the lower part of the bell housing.... but I am away
form home and cannot verify that.

The engine number BTW is stamped in the bolck so no amount of cleaning will
deface it.  A good dose of carb cleaner on a rag should reveal it tho you
may have to play a light back and forth to catch a good look at it.

As noted, it is the gearbox that determines the starter type due to the
bulge required for the later starter.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
64 TR4