Re: Fuel Tap

To: "Gene" <geneglenn@qwest.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Tap
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 11:08:21 -0700
Cc: "'Terry Smith'" <terryrs@adelphia.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I can only tell you that I got them, yes several, at Orchard Supply
Hardware, a Home Depot type store, recently bought by Sears.  They have many
different types and sizes although not what I really wanted. The
whatchamacallits I really wanted was what I thinnk are called ball type
valves, or maybe the  "ball or cylinder inside with a whole through and
turning the valve lines the hole up with the inlet and outlet" type.
Anyway, this type would have the least flow impediment, but they didn't have
one with the right threads or adapters so I got the "faucet" type and it
seems to work fine.

I attached it with an adapter directly to the inlet side of the fuel pump.
I think I even took a picture, or I can, if anyone is interested.  You can
also get them with ears and screw it to the inside fender.

Bob