OD connections - TR4A

To: "January Williams" <january@chemeketa.edu>
Subject: OD connections - TR4A
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 08:09:06 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net i4QCARgs026513
Message text written by "January Williams"
>Does correct routing of the speedo cable cross over in the engine
compartment and then go down the right side? I think it is the original
cable; it is long enough, but now it goes down along the clutch line on
the left side and back to the non-OD trans that's been in place for some
years.
<

Does the 4A use the right angle drive?  The TR2-4's used an extra long
cable that crossed over the bellhousing and then did a big, sweeping bend
within the confines of the frame rails in the area under the right side
footwell and then up into the transmission.  To accomodate this there was a
rubber boot with a passage for the cable.  On the TR6 there is no such boot
since the use of a right angle gear drive allows the standard length cable
to cross over the top of the transmission proper and reach the gear drive
all within the confines of the transmission cover.  I suspect the
change-over occured at the TR4/TR4A transition but I'm not sure.

If you have the drive then just reroute the cable over the top of the
transmission and hook it up.

Dave