RE: first things first

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: first things first
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 23:31:26 -0700
> Sorry to hear of your loss. Glad to hear you're OK, though. If
> it's a total
> loss I hope you can salvage some of the parts for your next TR3
> (maybe a TR4
> perhaps?).

Don't tell anyone, but I really don't like the later TRs as well.  If I get
another TR, it will definitely be a TR3/A with front disc brakes.  I
actually already have one, a late TR3 with discs, that's been sitting in my
parent's driveway for many years.  Maybe the time has come to drag it to
California.

> I'll be really interested on your exploits with Mercury Ins. I've been
> considering switching to them for my daily driver, so I hope you
> report good
> news. You had a 400 point car worth $35,000? Right? :))))

My ins with Mercury is capped at $10,000, less a $250 deductible.  If I
subrogate (have Mercury pay me and then let them fight with the other ins
co), they will only pay me $9750 until/unless they get more from the other
company.  But that might work better, if a shop can repair it for close to
that, since that way I can have the shop start on it immediately.  Need to
talk to a shop or two, and the other ins co, before making a decision.

> Hope you make it to Triumphest.

I'll be there, even if it's not in a Triumph.  But there's still some small
chance I'll have the Stag drivable by then.

Thanks for the kind words.
Randall

Check out the new British Cars Forum: