Re: GT6-3 clutch: still stuck

To: TR <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: GT6-3 clutch: still stuck
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 18:00:49 -0700
M. Secrest wrote:

>...I'm still stuck...
>
>Any other suggestions?  I'm not quite ready to try the rev-the-car on the
>stands method yet.

Again, that was the only way I could get mine unstuck.

Maybe I made it sound more dangerous than I should have... it really was
no big deal, a couple of minutes, worked first time, the problem was
solved and never recurred.

BTW, after I posted I realized that it wasn't quite like I described --
I did not have my wife "push the car off the jack" -- I used a standard
floor jack and had her twist the release to abruptly drop the jack.  Did
use a piece of wood between the saddle and the lift point so the saddle
didn't get hung up on anything.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
64 TR4