GT6-3 clutch: still stuck

To: "M. Secrest" <vze34wdb@verizon.net>
Subject: GT6-3 clutch: still stuck
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 07:56:12 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net i8SBuv5e019671
Message text written by "M. Secrest"
>Tried driving the car up to 35-40mph in 2nd (and third) gear,
stomp on clutch and brake ... nope.<

I must admitt I am a bit puzzeled about the aim of this technique.  I would
advise a modification to it that includes driving at 35 -40 MPH (in third
gear)with the clutch depressed the whole time.  Give the throttle some
short duration full throttle applications (just to keep the speed
reasonable).  What we want to do is use engine torque to break the clutch
loose.

While applying the brake will not apply any force to the clutch it will
come in handy in regulating speed. As always drive carefully and don't bump
into things in the process.

Dave

Check out the new British Cars Forum: