Re: GT6-3 clutch: still stuck

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: GT6-3 clutch: still stuck
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 18:28:14 -0400
When I first encountered my '59 TR3 in a New York garage, where it had sat
since 1974,  I had a dickens of a time getting the wheels unlocked.  Brake
shoes were stuck to the drums.

What worked to loosen them, was inserting the red nozzle of can of Brake
Cleaner, squirting liberally, rocking, and squirting some more.

After some rocking, came loose with rather remarkable ease.

Randall, would the chemicals in Brake Cleaner do bad stuff to a clutch disk?

Terry Smith
'59 TR3A  (Body still off, but engine, suspension, frame, brakes, heater,
tranny, wiper motor, etc.etc.etc rebuilt or replaced.)
New Hampshire

Check out the new British Cars Forum: