RE: Oil Filters

Subject: RE: Oil Filters
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 09:13:26 -0700
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
> Read my lips.... If you have supportable (DOCUMENTED) evidence that
> Fram has some special capabilities in this area, please post it. :-)

My supportable, documented evidence is that I personally drove an engine a
quarter million miles using only Fram filters and never having the pan off.
Since the original bearings, crank, rings, etc. lasted 250,000 miles, the
oil filter must have been doing it's job.

And that's exactly the kind of evidence that I value much more than "I don't
like the way it looks".

Obviously, it's your engine and your money.  You buy whatever filter looks
good to you.  But I've found one that works for me, and I'm not going to
change because of some web site someone posted on the Internet, or because
other people believe that web site.

One of the miracles of the Internet is that it's the ultimate in free
speech.  You can put up a website saying just about anything you want to
say.  But the corollary of that is you shouldn't believe everything you read
on the Internet !

Here's a fun one (no LBC content), just to illustrate
http://teamhouse.tni.net/Misc/noplay/cockpit.htm

Randall

Check out the new British Cars Forum: