TR4A Wiring Harness

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR4A Wiring Harness
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 22:38:59 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

I guess it's time to bite the bullet (connector).  I have yet to get my horn
working, so no inspection, so no driving out of the neighborhood.  I was told
by a LBC mechanic that the wiring harness in Daphne (67 TR4A) is a cobbled
together mess from a TR6 and another Triumph harness.

My question is:
Do you think I am capable of installing a new one myself?  I am fairly
technical (Engineer), and my other hobby is repairing and refurbishing pinball
machines.  Is it as simple as labling the old one, and trying to match the new
one?  I know how to read a multi-meter.  Has anyone done this lately?  What
other tools might I need.

I refuse to give into the Dark Side (Lucas).

Thanks for any light (pun intended) you may be able to shed on this subject,

Check out the new British Cars Forum: