Birthdays

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Birthdays
From: "Steve" <stevestr6@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 19:27:44 -0800
Okay so my interest with TRs began in high school when a friend of mine
got an old Spitfire for his first car. It fell apart any way it could
but we had a blast in that thing when it did run. That car served to
tune me in to what triumphs were.

Then it was the summer of 1976,I had just graduated from High School and
was walking through the streets of Berkeley without a care in the world
- penniless too. Well I walked up to an intersection and was preparing
to cross the street when a brand new white TR6 pulls up to the stop
sign. Behind the wheel was this guy I only knew in passing. I walked up
to his car and we had the following exchange:

Me: "Woah dude. Cool car. Is it yours, man?"
Him: "Yeah man. My dad bought it for me for a graduation present -
dude."
Me: "Woah that's cool dude (or words to that effect).
Him: "Yeah, dude. It's cool".

Then he roared off never to be seen or heard from again but my final
thought on the subject was: "Someday I'm going to one of those.".

So at 40 years old, I found an excuse to buy a beater TR6. Seven years
of restoration later I couldn't be happier.

I agree, this is a fun thread.
-Steve
'74 TR6