Water Pump Bolts for a TR3A

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Water Pump Bolts for a TR3A
From: Joe Lynn <jlynn604@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 19:10:21 -0400
I need to replace the two bolts that hold the water pump body onto the
block on my TR3A. Moss lists these as NA and the part number (HB.0968)
doesn't show up on the TRF web search.

I have the longer bolt that goes through the bearing housing & the pump
body, but I'm missing the two shorter bolts. I've located a grade 8 bolt
at a local hardware store that seems to be the same diameter (5/16) & #
of threads (16/inch) as the longer bolt. But I don't know the correct
length.

Does anyone know the correct length for these? Is there any reason why
these grade 8 bolts shouldn't be used?

TIA,
Joe Lynn

59 TR3A